AK Rifles banner

Circle 10 Experts: Are these Bulgarian Military Magazines or well made counterfiets?

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  John Rambo 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered 3 7.62 Bulgarian circle 10s from a reputable website recently and received 3 new mags that look sort of like Bulgarian circle 10 mags but nothing like the military mags I have. All three are the same mold. The military ones I have have slightly off kilter inverted Arsenal proofs on one side and a faint mold number on the other. Also the Bulgarian polyamide used in the Bulgy mags has a distinct rough look to it while the mags in question look like they are made of black plastic and are very smooth. The mold for the new mags is also off with fatter ribbing. So my question is are these a new mold and material that Arsenal of Bulgaria is using or did I get ripped off? I paid $45 each for them.
Here is a pic of the Arsenal proofs. The mag in question is on the left. Note the slightly imperfect and inverted proof on the military mag on the right.
Footwear Tire Shoe Floor Fashion accessory

Here is a close up of the military mag, note the thinner ribbing and the faint number 2 mold mark
Material property Metal

Here is one of the mags in question with no mold mark. Note the fat rubbing and smoother looking plastic.
Metal Floor Flooring

Side by side, mag in question on the right
Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Auto part Tread

Mag in question on the right
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Tread

See less See more
#6 ·
As far as the Arsenal 10 stamp on the lower end, they are almost never straight up and down, I have a pile of them and they are all in different orientation and not one is plumbed up with the mag body...The bodys on my circle ten mags also have slight differences here and there, I would say it is molds wearing out and replacements being made by different mold makers and at different stages of wear....

Reactions: John Rambo
#12 · (Edited)
Was there any difference in the actual floor plates? Didn't see pics of those (you don't have to post pics) just wondering.
Kinda odd though and to think of all these different types of magazines out there and identifying them and all...................now we possibly have 1st and 2nd generation Bulgarian ((10)) waffle mags? WOW! LOL!
Oh.......and about the branding iron thing...............................scammers seem to come up with new inventions all the time. Butane torch likely close at hand for their crack pipe anyway. Might not be too difficult to rig up a wire stamp of some sort and hook to a 9v battery either. Who remembers those push in cigarette lighters that used to come in vehicles? Same principle just get the heat right. Do they still have those push in cig lighters in newer vehicles? Seems they are all power points now and you don't even get a pull out ashtray in them either. Anyways.....so yeah. If you ever come across some of these for sale at like $10 or $15 each, you'll know to be extra scrupulous and look for smudges or plastic hairs hanging off them. LOL!
Oh....hell. Almost forgot. If you ever come across some 30 round Bulgy ((10)) waffles in 5.45 let me know! Did they even make them or just the 45 rounders?

#13 ·
The floorplates on my new mags are the same as the ones on the others with the black textured paint. These mags are super nice. The polyamide looks different just because these mags are brand new. But they are a completely different mold from my older mags. The proof is built into the mold too so they all are identical unlike the other molds which seem to have ((10)) stamped into them. I've only seen 5.45 waffles in the 45 rounders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.