AK Rifles banner

SA-93 Lower Tang Cut

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Djokr 
#1 ·
Ran into this pic of an SA-93 that I had to cut the slot in for the lower stock tang so thought I would post the pic as info. You can file it but my receiver was hard and tough so I scribed layout lines and hogged it out with a Dremel grinding stone then filed it to the finished shape. Not rocket science, just takes some elbow grease and patience. A square double cut bastard file works best. File it down flush with the floor of the receiver so the tang lays flat. Gunwolf posted some good pics and instructions on installing the tang, top of the page.

See less See more
#4 ·
I pretty much did the Dremel-to-File method myself, and it sucked. The bad news is that I have a 2nd SA93 that I have to do it to as well. :sad:

#5 ·
zeme05 said:
Great job, don't know if I have that kind of patience.
I thought you already did this to yours zeme05?
I still need to do it to mine as well, not looking forward to though!
I just sold my cheater stock from Ironwood,now I need to buy another one from Matt
for the 2 tang, and no swivel cut.
And if the offer still stands zeme05, I will take you up on the help for the reciver side swivel.

#6 ·
Here is another thread showing my sling loop installed. Use the pic with the measurments to locate the spot for the loop. Use a sharpened soap stone and strait edge to mark it. Made 4 not 3 punch equal marks along the mark but remember the drill will make a hole wider than you need so drop back a fraction of an inch. I used a 1/8" drill bit and made 4 holes along the mark. I then used a dremel with a diamond wheel to cut and connect the holes. I then used a small knife like file (bought set at Harbour Freight) and widened the cut changed to a flat file. Take alittle off and try the loop. The loop will actually hide part of the hole but don't get carried away. Stick loop tab thru hole and opend up and spread.

Forgot to say I practiced on a scap piece of metal first. Did one on my AMD 65 as well 2nd time much easier also stamped vs milled
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=142153

#7 ·
I used a Dremel carbide cutter to hog out most of the metal for the lower tang and then squared it up with a file. Wear gloves for the Dremel part because that cutter makes thin splinters that take a good long while to work their way out of your hands.

Be careful around that thin edge on the bottom of the receiver. It's visible even with a lower tang and stock installed.

#8 ·
Richard W. said:
I used a Dremel carbide cutter to hog out most of the metal for the lower tang and then squared it up with a file. Wear gloves for the Dremel part because that cutter makes thin splinters that take a good long while to work their way out of your hands.

Be careful around that thin edge on the bottom of the receiver. It's visible even with a lower tang and stock installed.
The lower edge,does it fit flush with the step in the bottom edge of the lower tang?
Thats the best way I can ask, I guess no one knowes a thread with a pic from the direct side
of the reciver with the tang installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.