Bulgarian Milled Imports (Resource Guide) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bulgarian Milled Imports (Resource Guide)

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Whatever it is, my AK built by Arsenal in Houston has that too. GARY

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popinski, soda View Post
    what's that coming off the back of the fsb?
    zvn 64

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    My SLR 101.
    P1220001.JPG

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Newb here.
    I've been looking at purchasing an Arsenal Bulgaria SLR-100H...something I've wanted for a long time. Its one that does not have a stamp identifying its place of manufacture yet does have the importer stamp on the right side (charging handle side) of the receiver. I've read stickies on this forum and others... what I can't figure out is how to evaluate these milled receiver AKs without the manufacturing stamp. I don't want a bad barrel or crappy internal parts.

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    There were 4 companies that made these rifles using Hungarian 1950's milled kits, & the milled receivers. 2 that come to mind are G-Tech, & Blue Ridge. My Blue Ridge gun SLR100 [no H] uses a screwed in barrel. No pin. But since the receivers were also imported, & sold, it's possible to have a gun assembled by Bubba in a basement with who knows what kit. In the end Vector assembled some AK's with the left over parts after the other companies were done. There are threads all over the internet documenting this project. So be careful what you buy. GARY
    Last edited by N4KVE; 11-07-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    The (4) original builders were Gordon Tech, Blue Ridge, MSC, and Ohio Ordnance. I just updated the SLR-100H section of the thread with this information. And as suggested, home builds with the receiver are a crap shoot, so if buying one, go over the rifle with a fine tooth comb.
    Last edited by Tactical_T; 11-07-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocTidy View Post
    Newb here.
    I've been looking at purchasing an Arsenal Bulgaria SLR-100H...something I've wanted for a long time. Its one that does not have a stamp identifying its place of manufacture yet does have the importer stamp on the right side (charging handle side) of the receiver. I've read stickies on this forum and others... what I can't figure out is how to evaluate these milled receiver AKs without the manufacturing stamp. I don't want a bad barrel or crappy internal parts.
    Welcome to the forum. The model your looking for is hard to come across as I haven't seen them in awhile. But, I haven't looked real hard also. The fact that you think you would get a crappy rifle because you can't identify what model it is slim in the bulgarian world. Not really a crappy milled bulgarian import out there.

As far as identifying other country's milled rifles, stick around awhile and your be a expert.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    IMG_1855.jpgIMG_1857.JPGIMG_1861.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical_T View Post
    The (4) original builders were Gordon Tech, Blue Ridge, MSC, and Ohio Ordnance. I just updated the SLR-100H section of the thread with this information. And as suggested, home builds with the receiver are a crap shoot, so if buying one, go over the rifle with a fine tooth comb.
    but my understanding was...import stamp on the charging handle side meant a factory build. The MRXXXX number is on the left and the Importer info on the right. Just no manufacturer stamp.
    Last edited by DocTidy; 11-07-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot308 View Post
    Perhaps you could tell us what you like about milled guns (features etc) and we could direct you to a factory built rifle and you wouldn't have to worry about that. Now is the time to buy.
    Looking for older AKs. Original condition. I love the look of the 100H...the wood stock. It just says OLD SCHOOL to me. I'm less crazy about the short or folding stock variants.

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DocTidy View Post
    IMG_1855.jpgIMG_1857.JPGIMG_1861.JPG

but my understanding was...import stamp on the charging handle side meant a factory build. The MRXXXX number is on the left and the Importer info on the right. Just no manufacturer stamp.
    The below pic (SLR-100) shows the Model, Caliber, Make, Importer info on the left side of the receiver. Your pic (SLR-100H) shows the info on the ride side of the receiver. The serial number location appears to be consistent. I'm really rusty on this stuff, as I did all my homework on this stuff about 5 years ago, but I think the (4) mentioned builders engraved their names in various locations. Unfortunately, I don't have engraving pics of each one, and I've never owned a SLR-100/SLR-100H build.

Last edited by Tactical_T; 11-08-2015 at 07:06 AM.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    Gordon Tech SLR-100H.
    At the top is one of the Bulgarian milled receivers that were used in the SLR-100H project. The receivers had a light gray phosphate coating from the factory, but G-Tech used dark gray for their builds.

I'm not sure why, but the "virgin" receivers have the importer's information on the left side while the completed rifles have it on the right. This one's marked "SLR-100."
    Tactical_T - this was added under your original post by Richard W. I note two things by that...
    - the one I'm looking at has the mark on the proper side for a factory build
    - its the dark color, like Gordon Tech builds

I haven't gone looking for the G on the barrel yet. Is that only a Gordon Tech thing? Is there anything I can tell from looking at the number on the parts kit inside the receiver?

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Yeah, from what I remember, I think the Gordon Techs did have their G-proof mark on the bottom of the barrel.
    I'm not aware of any markings "inside" the receiver, as my asked. Hopefully there are some SLR-100 owners out there that con contribute some info and/or pics.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    so what info can I get on a SAS M-7 ? My bud has one and he thought it was a sam7
    Thank u

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelawtown View Post
    so what info can I get on a SAS M-7 ? My bud has one and he thought it was a sam7
    Thank u
    It's basically SA M-7 series is basically an identical rifle to the SAM7 series with a US-made receiver built on Bulgarian tooling. It's equal quality, without the made-in-Bulgaria engraving.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors