AK Rifles banner

Have Drag, need optic: RS-305

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Levi5.45 
#1 ·
Just put the finishing touches on the RS-305 optic mount. This will be unveiled on 3/18/15 at the Big 3 Media event in Daytona Beach FL. Here is a sneak peak:

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
3/18/2015 has come and gone and I don't see this for sale anywhere. Any updates available, Horse?

Also, will these be able to be used with the modern SVD-S top covers? The newer top covers are a little thicker and this extra metal makes them a bit wider than the traditional, ribbed top covers. The modified RS-303 I had milled to fit with a standard top cover won't slide on with the newer SVD-S top cover installed.

ETA: looks like there's at least one in the wild: http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/03/24/photos-new-rs-regulate-galil-ace-keymod-rail-svd-305/

#8 ·
Yeah, I know how you feel. It seems like every new rifle/scope combo ends up costing me return shipping on 2 of the 3 sets of rings I bought to try and get the lowest optic without having any interference between the front objective bell or rear magnification adjustment ring.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's an industry standard for 1" or 30mm rings where 'low' means the same height across manufacturers.

#10 ·
horse, are you the actual designer of these? if so id like to offer a small snippet of advice after studying these a little bit. your 300 series mounting system is becoming the best and most popular and its inevitable that you design it to not just go backwards and forwards adjustable but also up and down at operators will. why not just design your 300 series to do that now? its got to happen sooner or later. add in there a pattern to go left and right another inch would be great too since svd cheek welds and vz58 etc call for it. the ultimate flexible mounting sytem is inevitable given time. I think that's the direction this is going to end up. its bound to happen. up down left right backwards and forwards. there will be no one left behind and no competition until china copies it. endless possibilities for your 300 series. its really tough to get high flung optics low enough on different weapons and also the centered svd optics in use with cheek rest ive noticed throw my head sideways so far I feel like im no longer an extension of the weapon but rather a turkey neck about to snap in half. getting the cheek piece out of the way again creates a chin weld problem and the hold becomes unfamiliar. been looking all over for ways to solve these problems. your 300 series has all the potential bottled up inside there sceaming to get out!

#12 ·
COMM BLOC

While I'm not using an RS-305 (nobody is, from what I know) I have an AKR and AK-303 milled out to fit on an SVD with ribbed top cover and there isn't an issue with having the optic in-line with the bore. I use a polymer stock instead of the wooden one with detachable cheek piece but the height is the same and I have no issue with eye relief since I setup the scope to be far enough away so I index the corner of my mouth with the front edge of the cheek piece for proper eye relief.

#13 ·
rifle I was needing an offset scope mount for was black poly stock w/ swivelbase cheekpiece on tigr. well over a year and a half ago when I was searching hard for a solution so now I don't even remember optic I was mounting maybe ior valdada I picked up then. I didn't find a solution and got sidetracked with traveling and followup travels since then. ill have to break out the rifles and replicate the situation I had to verify whats going on at this point. I think optic was low and where I wanted it just needed to be offset or else higher. ill check it out again.

#14 ·
horse my hat is off to you! you have endless possibilities with your system. never give up! keep improving and innovating!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.