Romanian AIMS-74 steel magazine review
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Croatoa

Thread: Romanian AIMS-74 steel magazine review

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Romanian AIMS-74 steel magazine review

Ok guys let's go back about two weeks ago. I was wondering the Web looking for some kinda cheap gun I can throw in my truck. Anyway I was making the rounds as usual I found myself at the arms of America site( A place I usually don't go too often). I found no guns that interest me but I was curious about what mags they had. What I found was the AIMS-74 Romanian Military 5.45x39 magazines which was an all steel mag similar to the polish tantal mags.
    At first I of course did some research on the mag didn't find much honestly just people who have them and that they work well. I was interested from the start being under the impression that steel 5.45 mags were from Poland. I don't know about you guy but I consider myself to be a ak magazine enthusiast and a collector. Polish tantal mags are few and always selling out before I can get my hands on them. I always wanted to have a steel 5.45 mag so I instantly bought one.
    When it finally got to my house and ripped open the package I was shocked. The mag was pretty much in new condition like it was made yesterday with a sleek black finish. The next day I took it to the range ran 30 rounds over and over like it was no problem. So to conclude my review I'll put some pros and cons
    Pros
    -Steel 5.45 mag duh
    -New condition
    -No jams
    -Cheap only 45$ plus shipping
    -Must have for collectors

Cons
    -Slow shipping around 2 weeks
    -Sharp edges with fresh cut marks nothing a little sand paper or drimal won't fix.
    -Difficulty locking and unlocking in my rifle (probably due to the fresh new nature of the mag)

So in conclusion if you have the money I'd recommend grabbing this mag asap before it's all gone if anything it would be an investment.

Thanks if you read this far I do appreciate it. Sorry for the rambling!

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Ak mag collector.....owns apparently at least one Ak.....rarely goes the AoA website?....looking for a cheap truck gun but didn't see anything that interested him. .........

Ok!

Member #
    Liked
    19823 times
    Good mags...
    If collecting, grab a used mag for range time, save a few bucks and preserve the like new magazine...just a thought.

Welcome to TAKF
    pics / vid required for validation

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    973 times
    Cheap thrills I guess. LOL!
    AIMS74 30 round steel collectible? Well.......................you come up with a 40 rounder and you'll be in collector territory. Start looking around more. Some of the "collectible" mags start around the $100 mark and up from there. The must haves are a bit cheaper, and the want to have....depends.
    I would much rather have the Romanian steel 5.45x39 mags than the Polish simply because they lock up tighter in my SLR-104FR (they are a bit wider at the top). The Polish steels may be a bit harder to find as you've discovered, but not impossible. Several Tantal fans on the forum as well as AIMS74. Check the MP (marketplace) or classifieds often, or post a WTB (want to buy) thread of your own if you're looking for the Tantal mags.
    MAGA- let's get this show on the road!

Sans Remords

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok peps let back up yes I collect ak magazines no not always rare I never said that these mags are rare.

Collection- Something that is*collected; a group of objects or an amount of material accumulated in one location, especially for some purpose or as a result of some process.

AKA I collect mags to enjoy and to shoot with I'll shoot the rare mags any day.

All I'm trying to say is that these mags are in my eyes interesting and reliable. It's my opinion everyone's got one I wrote my review to express an opinion.
    Richard W. likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    364 times
    Thanks for the review. I ordered one the other day just for yuks. Was wondering what might show up. Hopefully I'll receive one in the same shape.
    Howling Byzantine Uncivilized Barbarian

Member #
    Liked
    19823 times
    Mags in my sock drawer, now those are the rare ones.

Tantal mags, eh, they were everywhere not too long ago. Not yet qual'd for sock drawer status
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    326 times
    These AIMS-74 mags are now $35 for like new or $30 for used at AOA.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Find a cheap truck gun yet?

Hint: this forum is dedicated to one

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    So, is that an inexpensive rifle to sit there next to the shifter?
    Or, some kind,of weapon to carry about in the cheap truck, as in my case where I paid more for the handgun than I did the Toyota.
    First rule of debate, is to define the terms.
    All wars are Banker's wars.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    200$ tokarev as of now

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors