AK Rifles banner

Ammo buy

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ak737 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy 3 tins of 7n6 for $250 a tin,or should I buy GT or Wolf laquer from SG Ammo? Thanks for your response.

#6 ·
im going to be the odd-ball and say grab commercial if prices are comparable :p
when 5.45 was 108$ a tin it was a no-brainer, i get the shits of complete tear down and hose out for corrosive...
i do think it is a good idea to sock away some surplus as performance shows it to be hotter than some but something i read recently put a lot of the commercial right there w/ it... idk i havent had to buy 5.45 in a few years but when i do it will be comercial unless we get cheap surplus.

#7 ·
The tins of 7N6 are still showing up at gun shows. Right now........I'd rather have some of the new batch of GT. Due to the prices........I figure the 7N6 will still be around and available for a while. The GT disappears fast.
Just sayin'

#9 ·
IF the prices are the same, go for the surplus. If you don't have any 7n6 socked away already, go for at least a tin of the surplus. Eventually... like all things surplus, it'll go the way of Chinese steel core and prices will most likely go way up. It's possible that the tins going up for sale are in anticipation of a rollback of the bans and sanctions.. sell now to buy more as it comes in. It's a gamble either way.

It might require a little more cleaning, but supply is still limited and the construction and effect of the bullet is still unique. I think there was a test on the effects of 7n6 and some commercial offerings and the results were very similar, but i'm not sure.

GT tops the rest in terms of non-corrosive offerings being that it's consistent and it's neck and primer are sealed. If you're going to be poking holes in paper, grab the GT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.