AK Rifles banner

Group Buy Lee 5.45x39 reloading dies

7K views 47 replies 23 participants last post by  cammobunker 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, After speaking with Hootbro to make sure it is okay to post here at theakforum, there is a group buy for 5.45x39 reloading dies made by Lee. A sizing die to go from a .224 bullet to .221 bullet is also available from Lee. This is cross posted at gunco, and at akfiles also, so that getting the numbers required can happen faster.

Here is the pricing as received from Lee. The reloading dies for the 5.45x39 are $46.98 plus shipping and if someone wants a bullet sizing die for .224 to .221, they are $34.00+shipping.

At least 25 sets of reloading dies are needed to get the $46.98 plus shipping price (With at least 25 sets, Lee will waive the setup fee for a custom run). There is no minimum quantity needed for the .224 to .221 sizing die.

I won't accept any payments until after the order is sent to Lee and I have confirmation that they are done and being shipped here. Shipping from me to those that are part of the group buy will be via usps priority mail with delivery confirmation (flat rate box). Payments that will be accepted will be USPS money order or paypal (+3%).

Lee made a custom run of 5.45x39 reloading dies in 2010 for a group buy that bolt2bounce did at that time. This run will be made to the same dimensions as the dies made in 2010.
If any questions, or if you would like to get in on the group buy, let me know.
Thanks.

list for akforum:
NXCHESTER 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid.....SHIPPED......
ryanr256 - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid...SHIPPED......
Il Cattivo - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die.....paid.....SHIPPED......
ClayC - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid....SHIPPED
badger2tony - 1 set of reloading dies....paid....SHIPPED
Franz 1796 - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid....SHIPPED......
GRUMPA - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid....SHIPPED
Threefeathers - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die....paid.....SHIPPED......

Between here and the other forums this is posted we are now up to 61 definites, and 1 maybe's.
I'm going to close this group buy at 5:00 pm/1700 Eastern time today, 14 Aug 2014. This way the order can get placed with Lee.
Thanks. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello all, After speaking with Hootbro to make sure it is okay to post here at theakforum, there is a group buy for 5.45x39 reloading dies made by Lee. A sizing die to go from a .224 bullet to .221 bullet is also available from Lee. This is cross posted at gunco, and at akfiles also, so that getting the numbers required can happen faster.

Here is the pricing as received from Lee. The reloading dies for the 5.45x39 are $46.98 plus shipping and if someone wants a bullet sizing die for .224 to .221, they are $34.00+shipping.

At least 25 sets of reloading dies are needed to get the $46.98 plus shipping price (With at least 25 sets, Lee will waive the setup fee for a custom run). There is no minimum quantity needed for the .224 to .221 sizing die.

I won't accept any payments until after the order is sent to Lee and I have confirmation that they are done and being shipped here. Shipping from me to those that are part of the group buy will be via usps priority mail with delivery confirmation (flat rate box). Payments that will be accepted will be USPS money order or paypal (+3%).

Lee made a custom run of 5.45x39 reloading dies in 2010 for a group buy that bolt2bounce did at that time. This run will be made to the same dimensions as the dies made in 2010.
If any questions, or if you would like to get in on the group buy, let me know.
Thanks.

list for akforum:
NXCHESTER 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die.
ryanr256 - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die.
Il Cattivo - 1 set of reloading dies and 1 sizing die.

Between here and the other forums this is posted we are now up to 32 definites, and 4 maybe's.
I'm going to close this group buy at 5:00 pm/1700 Eastern time today, 14 Aug 2014. This way the order can get placed with Lee.
Thanks. :)
Cool, let me know the when/where/how's for payment.

-Bob

#14 ·
A little update, I received the shipment of 5.45x39 reloading dies from Lee today. I'm just waiting on the .224 to .221 sizing dies. So for anyone that just ordered the reloading dies and has already paid, I'll get them packaged up and should have them out to the post office tomorrow. :) For those that also have a sizing die on their order, I'll wait to ship those until the sizing dies come in.

#24 ·
Well it looks like Lee was faster than anticipated. The sizing dies have arrived. Now for the interesting part of the situation. I can't get both the reloading dies and sizing dies to fit in a small flat rate box unless I didn't send the plastic container the sizing dies came in. So I found another size usps priority box (that will work to fit both) on the usps site and have them on there way here. Last time I ordered boxes from usps they were here in 3 days. So if they are as fast this time, I can have the group buy orders packaged up to ship this coming week. Price of postage shouldn't be different so no worries there. :)
Here are a couple pics of the sizing dies.

#27 ·
CrazyIvan - pm replied to...

For those in the group buy, I got the other size boxes from the postal service for priority mail. If I use the nonflat rate boxes so that the plastic container the sizing die and lube comes in can be shipped - the shipping costs goes up about $9 more.

If I don't include the plastic container the sizing die and lube comes in - then the shipping can be done in the small flat rate box and that is the price of shipping that is already included in the group buy price paid.

So, I'm going to make the executive decision to NOT include the plastic container the sizing die and lube comes in when shipping so that the small flat rate box can be used and there is no additional cost for the group buy.

However, if anyone in the group buy does want the plastic container the sizing die and lube came in shipped - then the cost of postage is going to increase as I won't be able to use a flat rate box due to the size of the container. So if you want the plastic container included please let me know and I can get the extra cost of postage from you, otherwise the small flat rate boxes will be used and the dies will be shipped out the next day the post office is open (Tuesday the 14th)
thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.