Hello

Thread: Hello

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post Hello

Hi, I'm Aries. I joined this forum to ask questions about and talk about AK's.

Guns I've looked at are the AES-10B and the AKM. Though, most AK's are AK-47's. It seems kind of hard to find good looking RPK-style AK's like the AES-10B though. I don't mean just looks, but I mean how the build quality itself looks. Most of the reasons why I'd get a AES-10B is because it has a longer barrel, a bipod, and can take drum mags / ak mags. But I guess that's for later.

It sucks that the AKS-74U (or AK-74U) is too short for rifles, would pick up one of those quick. I love those things.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Welcome!

if you're looking for an RPK style rifle, then look for a VEPR. They bascially start with an RPK and then make it more like an AKM style.

If your looking for an RPK, ie longer barrel and bipod, then the AES10B is probably your best option if you can find one.
    WTB:
    SVD: stock and handguards, FSB, gas regulator, 1200 meter rear sight
    Chicom: trigger guard, spiker FSB, gas block, underfolder rear trunnion

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I would prefer an AES-10B. I just don't know a whole lot about the brands with those. Romanians seem the most common. I know the list is roughly Bulgarian > Romanian > Russian...

Member #
    Liked
    943 times
    MAGA- let's get this show on the road!

Sans Remords

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    Yeah, I would prefer an AES-10B. I just don't know a whole lot about the brands with those. Romanians seem the most common. I know the list is roughly Bulgarian > Romanian > Russian...
    you've got, IMO, the Romanian in the wrong spot.

All 3 are equally reliable, but as far as fit and finish Russian = Bulgarian > Romanian. Romanian are pretty rough looking compared to most, but like I said, they're all equally reliable.

If your talking availability, then Romy > Bulgy > Rus, they are definitely easier to find.
    WTB:
    SVD: stock and handguards, FSB, gas regulator, 1200 meter rear sight
    Chicom: trigger guard, spiker FSB, gas block, underfolder rear trunnion

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you

Do you know if the Lee Classic turret press can do 7.62x39? Would be nice to have one press for all the different kind of boolet. I read something about max cartridge size being 3.3", but I don't know.

Any other suggestions on multi-caliber presses would be nice (pistol & rifle press)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2189 times
    The most practical (to find and own) true RPK-type rifle in 7.62x39, and the only one you will find for under $1500, is the AES10B. This rifle is specifically Romanian, similar rifles were made in other Soviet Bloc countries, but this is the only one ever imported commercially to the US (with the exception of some oddball long-barreled Chinese variants).

All that said, hang around here a bit and learn before you make your first AK buy, there are more interesting and affordable starter AK rifles.

You cannot reload 7.62x39 ammo as cheap as you can buy it commercially-made so I wouldn't worry too much about that at this stage.
    LOOKING FOR: Postban Chicom (squareback) Rifle, '65 EG MPi-KM kit, Soviet and East German AKM Barrels, Soviet AKM U/F Stock Assembly, Polish Milled Receiver Front Stub

I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Really? I figured reusing shells would make it at least somewhat cheaper.

Sponsors