Need some quick advice.. did I just FUBAR? **Update**

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need some quick advice.. did I just FUBAR? **Update**

Well,
    The other day I got a NICE tt-33 tokarev from AIM that has a broken firing pin. Also, the firing pin in my CZ is busted too.. I found a site called gunpartswarehouse.com and ordered both firing pins I needed. Are these people good to deal with, anyone bought from them before? Also, whats the odds of my paypal account I usually use for ebay purposes getting suspended or what not because of me buying the firing pins ?

ETA: Reason I am asking this is because I stupidly forgot about paypal's anti-gun policies before ordering....

Thanks in advance..

**Update**:: I'm good to go - Just got my tracking number from paypal and it turns out that I will be getting my firing pins and my ebay account is still useable. Looks like paypal didnt lock my account and gunpartswarehouse.com is indeed a reputable dealer. If you need parts for your CZ-52, TT-33 TOK, and other guns, you can buy from them thru paypal without your account being locked... **End update**
    Loving the transvestite lifestyle!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah, maybe. Put anything in the memo box?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Paypal does'nt know what you're buying unless you tell them.

Goods/services.........................that's all you have to put.
    “After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.”

—William S. Burroughs

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBaby
    Yeah, maybe. Put anything in the memo box?
    Nope, left the memo box blank, but it shows up on the invoice - CZ-52 firing pin and TT-33 Tokarev firing pin...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I wouldnt keep any money in that account from here on out, just my .02.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I haven't heard much lately about PayPal locking accounts. I have a feeling that they finally figured how much they were loosing out on during the big firearm rush after the election. The all mighty dollar most often wins out over principals when times are tight. I never leave more than a hundred in my account just in case though. I have the account mainly to do purchases.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Why does anyone leave any $$$ in their account? If the PayPal account is linked to a card, just pay like that.

My PayPal account never has money in it, but if I buy something by PayPal, transactions are instant. The seller gets their money and I get my product. If I accept a PayPal payment, I transfer it to my bank immediately. If PayPal ever tries anything shoddy, like to take cash from my card, I'll label it as fraud/unauthorized and then change my card number. They lose.
    I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-gunner2
    Why does anyone leave any $$$ in their account? If the PayPal account is linked to a card, just pay like that.

My PayPal account never has money in it, but if I buy something by PayPal, transactions are instant. The seller gets their money and I get my product. If I accept a PayPal payment, I transfer it to my bank immediately. If PayPal ever tries anything shoddy, like to take cash from my card, I'll label it as fraud/unauthorized and then change my card number. They lose.
    That's what i was wondering. I do it exactly as Q does, and never have money in my account.

joedog
    When the talkin' is over, it's time to get a gun. - Fred Eaglesmith

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've never kept any money in a Paypal account, been doing business thru them for 11 years.

I think it's possible that Paypal is feeling the heat from GunPal (https://www.gunpal.net/ if you haven't heard about them or checked them out, I would suggest you do so) and may possibly be loosening thier position a bit, at least as far as running off customers for doing "prohibited" business. As to them or eBay (one in the same, as we all know) changing any of thier insane policies outright, I wouldn't count on it.

The only reason I use Paypal at all is it's the only way I can do what limited amount of business I have to do with eBay, they have it fixed so it's the only authorized form of payment for eBay transactions.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    My opinion means nothing to anyone but me, and it matters not. I am the only one I need to impress.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The People who run PayPal and EBAY are Crooks - plain and simple.

I don't use PAYPAL period.

I do not sell on EBAY and only occasionally buy stuff.

ALL my Online purchases are done by Debit card or Money Order.

Have you Hugged your Assault Rifle today ?
    "I am the NRA"
    Escape from NY - the Sequel

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Need some quick advice.. did I just FUBAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_weapons_Guy
    Well,
    The other day I got a NICE tt-33 tokarev from AIM that has a broken firing pin. Also, the firing pin in my CZ is busted too.. I found a site called gunpartswarehouse.com and ordered both firing pins I needed. Are these people good to deal with, anyone bought from them before? Also, whats the odds of my paypal account I usually use for ebay purposes getting suspended or what not because of me buying the firing pins ?

ETA: Reason I am asking this is because I stupidly forgot about paypal's anti-gun policies before ordering....

Thanks in advance..
    if you have trouble, i might have a TT-33 firing pin you can have for the cost of shippen.
    Blaming the AK-47 for all the crimes committed with it, is the same as blaming the ink pen for a declaration of war.

RIP: Ronnie James Dio 05/16/2010

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Need some quick advice.. did I just FUBAR?

Quote Originally Posted by matt85
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy_weapons_Guy
    Well,

Thanks in advance..
    if you have trouble, i might have a TT-33 firing pin you can have for the cost of shippen.
    Thank you ! thats very nice of you . I'll let you know if I need it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    back to top for others to see update

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The only heat paypal will feel about gunpal is the hot air it's lawyers expel when they sue gunpal out of existence. Paypal does have a patent on what they do. Naming your business "gunpal" also displays an extra level of idiocy.. some say they have lawyers that started the company. I don't believe it in the slightest. No lawyer would be THAT idiotic. Gunpal is not here to stay.. if and when it achieves any measure of success, that is the same day paypal actually considers it competition and worth the cost of litigation to remove it.

They do nothing unique and named themselves after a trademarked company that has their business patented, and has enough resources to flick a finger and make them fall off the map. Absolutely zero chance of success for "gunpal" WHEN paypal decides to take them off the playing field.

And that's not "my opinion" so to speak as much as it is fact. There is history there.. just letting you know not to put stock into a business with no future.

Sorry for the hijack.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by os-foxtrot
    The only heat paypal will feel about gunpal is the hot air it's lawyers expel when they sue gunpal out of existence. Paypal does have a patent on what they do. Naming your business "gunpal" also displays an extra level of idiocy.. some say they have lawyers that started the company. I don't believe it in the slightest. No lawyer would be THAT idiotic. Gunpal is not here to stay.. if and when it achieves any measure of success, that is the same day paypal actually considers it competition and worth the cost of litigation to remove it.

They do nothing unique and named themselves after a trademarked company that has their business patented, and has enough resources to flick a finger and make them fall off the map. Absolutely zero chance of success for "gunpal" WHEN paypal decides to take them off the playing field.

And that's not "my opinion" so to speak as much as it is fact. There is history there.. just letting you know not to put stock into a business with no future.

Sorry for the hijack.
    Its ok for the hijack... But you're exactly right about this indeed.. Gunpal should have been re-named for sure..

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors