Cutback on TV. On for the 'Net.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Cutback on TV. On for the 'Net.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Cutback on TV. On for the 'Net.

I've been on vacation this past week and disconnected the cable cord so NO TV. It's free due the cable company never killing the signal to the house. It's been a few days and I'm good with it. Now just need to work on cutting down on the Internet. Home and cellphone. Interesting having more time to think.
    Well has anyone changed their lives in this manner?
    COMM BLOC likes this.
    All is not what it seems. Real history's authors tells us this but only a few understand this. Unfortunately.

Member #
    Liked
    1245 times
    We pretty much gave up on tv about 18 months ago, rather be outside anyway.... My kids watch cartoons from time to time. We are still internet & playstation junkies though.
    US Army 91-95
    NRA Member
    GOA Member

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5059 times
    There are certain shows I watch on TV, but mostly, it goes unwatched during most of the day. The only thing I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks is Game Of Thrones on HBO.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7978 times
    haven't had TV in the house in over a decade. So many crap shows and unskippable commercials. The few commercials I have seen are loud, gawdawful stupid garbage that drives 1000 invisible nails into my brain. They're not even funny or catchy anymore... just offensively stupid.

they have the TV on at work sometimes and I like to guess the demographic with the content of the commercials though. Pills, pills, reverse mortgage, 'help i've fallen' ...it's the over 65 crowd! Though when the info button says "Matlock" it goes without saying...

Though usually it's "Lawyer lawyer rent to own cheap car insurance " draw your own conclusions there... JERRY JERRY JERRY
    Last edited by 10Gauge; 05-08-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    2638 times
    Everything I watch is on my phone with showbox, except nascar. At work I am surfing the net all the time. Not so much at home. Game of thrones next week, been waiting for that a long time!!!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

WTB-AIMS 74 cleaning kit

Member #
    Liked
    1524 times
    There's little reason to have cable TV now. Between Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and Kodi (which if you really wanted to, can replace everything)
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    2638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponmark View Post
    There's little reason to have cable TV now. Between Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and Kodi (which if you really wanted to, can replace everything)
    That's what I have done with showbox.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

WTB-AIMS 74 cleaning kit

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Funny thing. I was lazing around yesterday and found an episode of Baa Baa Black Sheep to watch.

1977. Damn I loved that show when I was a kid. The nurses are still hot. Robert Conrad's awesome. F4Us are--well you know from my avatar I'm a fan.

I'm not giving up TV now if that's on again!

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misc View Post
    I've been on vacation this past week and disconnected the cable cord so NO TV. It's free due the cable company never killing the signal to the house. It's been a few days and I'm good with it. Now just need to work on cutting down on the Internet. Home and cellphone. Interesting having more time to think.
    Well has anyone changed their lives in this manner?
    fuck yeah! i did it! heres a link! i feel ya brother. i was in the same boat! heres a link.
    PHILIPPINE ISLANDS LOCAL FLAVOR - its more fun in the philippines!
    romaniang likes this.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I cancelled my cable in 2011 and haven't looked back. When the guy came to uninstall it he was incredibly arrogant as well, he left all the cables and everything other than the box saying "you are just gonna be calling in the next week or so begging me to turn it back on" I just use hulu, netflix, amazon, or youtube now. I'm not a big TV watcher anyways though.
    COMM BLOC and 10Gauge like this.
    "Contrary to common sense and popular belief, sleeping is very productive"
    Maddox
    WTB: mold 26 mags, 88 and 91 krink kits, Rear sight assembly for Sites Spectre (pm for details)

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I would LOVE to kill that $80 per month, beast and never see it again, but the wife would not have that. She needs her hallmark girlie shows. :/
    XSAPPER likes this.
    90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    Anyway, Pappy is ordered to go back to the States on a morale tour so they send Richard Jaekel to take over the squadron.

He's a strictly-by-the-book hardass so you know how the Black Sheep react to that! Hoo boy!

Not going to spoil it all for you. Find the "Heroes and Icons Channel." They've got Hunter and Kung-Fu too.

Member #
    Liked
    3856 times
    Nope. Although I don't sit around the TV all day I do like to unwind by watching a few shows in the evening. There's some really good shows and they've become better than movies at plot and character development and acting. Fargo is on tomorrow....woohoo! Can't wait for Mr. Robot to come back on. Just another tool in the entertainment toolbox.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

btr

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    I eliminated news and it improved my mood a lot- I recommend you all give it a try.
    XSAPPER, misc, 10Gauge and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2251 times
    the tv is a mind control tool of massive proportions beyond what we knew about. research cia mind control tv operations mk Naomi mk ultra and mockingbird.

youll find that it was clandestine in 1952, know about and opposed by congess in 1976 and by 1982 senator frank church got them to admit they had over 500 cai agents operating all the key points in media from walter Cronkite to the Christian science monitor religious news magazine. which they purchased outright and replaced the staff with writers to make you confused about religion and follow more on evolution and global warming.

if they can do that then what is it you see on every tv station nowdays 30 years later. all you see are 501c3 churches that loose tax exempt non profit it they speak incorrectly. then every station is religious on tv like mike Murdoch a cocaine addict or a sanitized version or every station is following that old secret cia narrative. its the stuff you grew up around, the war on for your mind that you don't see.

they, the so called shadow govt pick the music at the top charts to be broadcast on tv, make you depressed and dumbed down on all the topic you need to know about and the news is controlled by 2 guys who are both now globalists made filthy rich by complicity.

every aspect of tv, Hollywood, news, the way too many non profit but pure and only profit church channels, the whole stinking mess right down to the commercials are majority run by govt control with means to an end and come to find out their not working in your best interest. if your a white male maybe its even worse. heres a wakeup movie to help you wake up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyFH19nm2e4
    Last edited by COMM BLOC; 05-09-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    misc and mike_r123 like this.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors