Switching to 5.45 Platform, need advice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Switching to 5.45 Platform, need advice.

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    lightest weight best positioned optics mounts are those rs regulate setups in my opinion. some like the goofy but usable gastube optics. both have tradeoffs i guess as far as fast handling reloads and visability. i personally prefer a rearmost mounted eotech but fear batteries. acogs are great for shtf. i have no idea which direction your building can you tell? just throwing you some ideas.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Sounds like some custom shop work because the requirements of 5.45, 3 MOA, and M4 stock compatibility. You won't know if it shoots less than 3MOA until you shoot it or some guy tells you before you get it. Maybe find a guy who does custom work but, I hate to be the guy that says Krebs...

Krebs
    Krebs Custom

That's a lot of money though. I don't know who krebs is but, that's a cheap commie pos he's trying to off for $2000. I wouldn't spend that kind of money, it's like a fad at that point.

Why not an AR-15 they are so cheap!
    Last edited by Bildobaggins; 04-18-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    3 moa is no big deal its actually normal. shooting 3moa in a 3 gun shoot heart pounding rain and mud and sweat in eyes can be difficult so you need the best you can get. the over 3 moa off a bench sub standard arsenal bulgaria sounds very possible. once you get out there moving around and 2 drops of sweat enter your eyeballs its game and its no longer cozy bench mode. shot group goes far and wide.

my eyes are worse than 180 over 60 after my last laser captometry. my eyes were damaged back in 1998 in a shooting accident. i can still hit 3moa off a bench with an sgl-31 well used or new once its dialed its possible. this guy says his cant do it. thats a big problem. he got a bad one or something else is going on like ammo muzzle crown haze change as sun goes down constantly changing last 45 minutes in evening etc.
    DISCLAIMER; I live in a murderous world imploding over other folks secret agendas. in doing so im told to pretend to act ''normal'' like everyone else and hide under a rock and make normal sheep noises. kinda like a sheep watching its family being led into an automated meat grinder. think about the other sheep saying don't draw attention to yourself they might target you next. F*#K THAT! stand up and make a last stand for humanity! Robbie f*#king parker were live! WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    as much as i love 5.45 it seems like a poor choice for shtf. at least here, they dont even stock it at lgs so i doubt to many people own them in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by misc View Post
    If a SHTF round is what you desire then you should consider the Grendel. My .02.
    If 5.45 is a "poor choice for SHTF" because of ammo availability, is 6.5 Grendel really going to be any easier to find in an emergency situation? I don't know - I don't ever see it on store shelves, but then I'm never looking for it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by COMM BLOC View Post
    was your arsenal an arsenal bulgaria or arsenal las vegas reworked russian siaga. get an arsenal las vegas reworked russian siaga and dont look back. if you get a fime siaga or a bad one get another and try it as theres not really any better ones out there. fime batch siagas are said to be worst but i dont own one.
    I thought FIME was just a new importer to appease Arsenal (Bulgaria) from having their name on a Russian rifle? They've all been made at the Izhmash factory, or am I wrong?
    Last edited by cztulsa; 04-19-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    3 moa is no big deal its actually normal. shooting 3moa in a 3 gun shoot heart pounding rain and mud and sweat in eyes can be difficult so you need the best you can get. the over 3 moa off a bench sub standard arsenal bulgaria sounds very possible. once you get out there moving around and 2 drops of sweat enter your eyeballs its game and its no longer cozy bench mode. shot group goes far and wide.
    Almost want to say shooter's error on the part of the OP but, don't want to assume. His thing was all three, other add ons like krebs rear sight... that sounds like a Krebs. If I had 8000 rounds and a gun I don't like, I'd sell the gun and find something I like that likes the ammo I have. That's some backwards thinking buttfuckit, that's the situation he's in.

$2000 for a Krebs I'll buy an AR-15 or something save half that money blow it on everything I don't need.
    Last edited by Bildobaggins; 04-19-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bildobaggins View Post
    Almost want to say shooter's error on the part of the OP but, don't want to assume. His thing was all three, other add ons like krebs rear sight... that sounds like a Krebs. If I had 8000 rounds and a gun I don't like, I'd sell the gun and find something I like that likes the ammo I have. That's some backwards thinking buttfuckit, that's the situation he's in.

$2000 for a Krebs I'll buy an AR-15 or something save half that money blow it on everything I don't need.
    I don't need to purchase any new parts, I already have an adaptor for an M4 castle nut to the rear trunion, have 2 Krebs peep signs lying around already. Im looking for a ~900-1000 dollar AK that I can build off of, but I don't know where to start because when I bought the Arsenal I thought I was setting myself up for success by getting a "premium" off-the-shelf AK. but I feel a bit burned by the performance ive gotten. also, I wont say im the best shot in the world but Im certainly not a 5moa shooter with a quality rifle, ive shot 3moa and sometimes better with other AK's that ive had the pleasure to shoot

Member #
    Liked
    3775 times
    Well, there aren't many options in the 5.45 world.

If you feel hurt buy Arsenal then check out vepr. I know COMM BLOC wrote they are heavy, and they certainly are heav(er) then a typical AK74 however, I don't find them to be all that heavy and a small optic certainly doesn't add that much weight. I like my Vepr and have no prob with the weight.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Well, there aren't many options in the 5.45 world.

If you feel hurt buy Arsenal then check out vepr. I know COMM BLOC wrote they are heavy, and they certainly are heav(er) then a typical AK74 however, I don't find them to be all that heavy and a small optic certainly doesn't add that much weight. I like my Vepr and have no prob with the weight.

How does the build quality between the Arsenal and Vepr compare though? I know Arsenal makes a name on finely finished rifles (mine being a possible exception). And I know that Vepr's are built like tanks but I don't gave good knowledge of their build quality. In reference to the weight, I'm not super worried, I look at it as if I get a Vepr, it will be similar in terms of weight if I got a milled Arsenal (which would be my choice if I went back the Arsenal route).
    As I've stated all along, If one producer has a better history of making rifles that will meet the expectations of a higher-end AK, it will weigh more heavily than just about anything else. I'm confident in my abilities but I've lost my confidence in my Arsenal performing to expectations reliably.

Member #
    Liked
    3775 times
    To me their the same quality. It either works like it should or it doesn't​. I have a few Arsenals, I have a Vepr, both are good rifles. As far as the finish goes you'd have to ask someone else because I can't express how little I care about the actual finish. But I would say you'd probably like the vepr better

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    To me their the same quality. It either works like it should or it doesn't​. I have a few Arsenals, I have a Vepr, both are good rifles. As far as the finish goes you'd have to ask someone else because I can't express how little I care about the actual finish. But I would say you'd probably like the vepr better

I think I may have been a little vague, I don't give a damn about actual gun finishes, everything I get gets a brown paint job, when I said finish I meant the fit and finish IE rivets, having trunions aligned, front sight cant or lack thereof, toolmarks from the machining process, etc... my apologies

Member #
    Liked
    3775 times
    Tooling marks they all have. E. Europe isn't knows to put extra work where it isn't relevant. AKs across the board will have "some" cant to the sights. The idea of a centered front sight isn't one they embrace. Although technically as close to center as possible is the goal and most are in this range......, if it's sighted in it's sighted in. My Arsenal SBR is far to the right but shoots true. Everything else should be good

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cztulsa View Post
    If 5.45 is a "poor choice for SHTF" because of ammo availability, is 6.5 Grendel really going to be any easier to find in an emergency situation? I don't know - I don't ever see it on store shelves, but then I'm never looking for it, either.

I thought FIME was just a new importer to appease Arsenal (Bulgaria) from having their name on a Russian rifle? They've all been made at the Izhmash factory, or am I wrong?
    the latest izmash batch from the middleman importer known as fime working for kvars vartan who in turn now owns arsenal las vegas those guns came over to be reworked by arsenal lv just the same however parts were lesser quality on the majority is what shooters are explaining who own them.

and at least due to the 1 out of 4 sgl31 I ordered from kvar had the mag catch located incorrectly by arsenal lv id say even the early and middle batches are randomly suspect. that's why I say even though I don't own a fime. from conferring with other shooters of sgl31 the guns fall into those groups.

Member #
    Liked
    2101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteStateEMT View Post
    I think I may have been a little vague, I don't give a damn about actual gun finishes, everything I get gets a brown paint job, when I said finish I meant the fit and finish IE rivets, having trunions aligned, front sight cant or lack thereof, toolmarks from the machining process, etc... my apologies
    so is it an arsenal Bulgaria gun with a double circle 10 logo on trunnion or an actual Russian siaga with arrow inside triangle on trunnion but imported by arsenal las vegas?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    so is it an arsenal Bulgaria gun with a double circle 10 logo on trunnion or an actual Russian siaga with arrow inside triangle on trunnion but imported by arsenal las vegas?
    Bulgarian

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    the latest izmash batch from the middleman importer known as fime working for kvars vartan who in turn now owns arsenal las vegas those guns came over to be reworked by arsenal lv just the same however parts were lesser quality on the majority is what shooters are explaining who own them.
    I own several of both importers and they are virtually identical except for the finish. I prefer the finish on the FIME rifles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors