• 1 Post By Ram Rod
  • 2 Post By Richard W.
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: Email On Gold Membership?

Member #
    Liked
    271 times

Question Email On Gold Membership?

Got the email on the gold supporting member ship. I thought they weren't doing this anymore?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Banned

Member #
    nowhere but atlanta after sherman burned it
    Liked
    483 times
    Got mine also.

Member #
    Liked
    7343 times
    might be a phishing attempt
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    16629 times
    Previous owners just throwing it out there...

Gold Member
    pics / vid required for validation

Banned

Member #
    nowhere but atlanta after sherman burned it
    Liked
    483 times
    My password is password says Podesta.

Member #
    Liked
    7343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAAK's View Post
    Previous owners just throwing it out there...

Gold Member
    !! Dutch hackers

Austin-Powers-Goldmember-austin-powers-8220767-852-480.jpg
    TRAAK's, SVDS, Ram Rod and 1 others like this.
    "If I spent half as much time in the gym as I do on the computer, I'd be ripped as s*** by now" - Me

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    No......it's not that I'm up early....or late for that matter. It's just that I never sleep.
    Sans Remords

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Is this a scam, or legit?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4335 times
    We have not heard anything from regarding this, so I would hold off until an official announcement has been made.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    That's fine. I was just wondering why I got this because I could have sworn this was not being done anymore.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    That's fine. I was just wondering why I got this because I could have sworn this was not being done anymore.
    Just got my email notification today. The way I remember things was if you donated on a recurring or automatic payment plan via PayPal.........THAT was going to be discontinued BECAUSE the former recipient no longer exists. Payments must go to the NEW ownership. The forum donation page that comes up via the link provided in the emails seems legit.
    Having said all of that, I feel like making other related comments about continuing my paid forum membership. Even without paid membership, this site's allowed PMs far exceeds just about any forum out there. Valuable information. While I wasn't exactly a newbie to the AK world when I joined this forum, I was expanding quite a bit and looking for information. This forum was THE best resource at the time and it remains to be a very valuable source for the new AND experienced owners, builders, collectors, historians, and many others. While I don't buy, sell, and trade a vast amount of items, this forum has been very helpful in those times. I got into the forum basically for information and discussion. Just here lately I feel the forum as a whole is about 90% marketplace every time I log in. Sometimes I'll scroll down the whole front page of active topics and only find one or two actual discussion threads. This is not a rant.......merely an observation. Whether or not this is a seasonal thing.....a temporary thing.....or an ongoing thing does not matter. I just don't recall it being like this same time last year. I feel a deep sense of gratitude toward many of the members here, but my forum donation would not be going to support them in any way. Since the new ownership of the forum, there have been numerous site issues to deal with as well. Again.......not a rant.....just observations. I know some or most of those issues appear to be solved in a timely manner, but the previous site management didn't seem to have as many issues. I'm still pretty much a newbie compared to a lot of members here. Over a year is hardly established although seasoned a bit. This forum is generally respectful to all, even tempered, helpful, and understanding. Many other forums seem to rely on turmoil, bashing, political talk, volatile discussions and the like. The traditional yearly Secret Santa is just fun and totally awesome to be a part of. I don't know of any other forums that do something like that. This one is community oriented, and no matter what our own endeavors are......we seem to be able to cross boundaries and the experts get right in their with the novices. New ideas hatch out all of the time. The mods here deserve a pat on the back even though their workload seems rather light here compared to other sites. I do figure this community/forum to be somewhat self policing and maintaining higher standards and ethics. I haven't lost interest here, it's just that a year ago....hell.....up until about six months ago........I would have said this forum is awesome. Now........I can still honestly say that this is a great forum. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is in 'awesome' and 'great'.....but it does identify a change. These are just my personal opinions, but I will be "holding off" for a while on my decision to make a forum donation again for another year.
    Just sayin
    I will more than likely continue to post some of my half page full musings for your reading enjoyment from time to time.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; 01-09-2017 at 02:14 AM.
    Richard W. likes this.
    No......it's not that I'm up early....or late for that matter. It's just that I never sleep.
    Sans Remords

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1033 times
    Holy crap, Ram!

That's a term paper.
    Arik and Ram Rod like this.

Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    Holy crap, Ram!

That's a term paper.
    My bad. I never actually know until I post it and then look back once it's done. It's a small window while I'm typing.
    On a side note (talking term papers).......my ol' lady keeps telling me I should go back to school.....take some online courses. After hearing her complain about this and/or that each and every semester.....I'm not so sure. Then again, easy for her to say with three master's degrees and plenty of BS, DBAs and whatever. One would never go into a doctor's office or a dentist's office or lawyer's office or any other office and see more plaques on the wall than she has in her office.
    What can I say? I get my taxes done for free!
    Thanks Richard (I think).
    Richard W. likes this.
    Sans Remords

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1033 times
    Haha. You're fine. We have to get it out somehow or we'd all go Postal.

Sponsors