AK Rifles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WikiLeaks - Akforum edition...

11K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  22many 
#1 · (Edited)
WikiLeaks - Akforum edition...

Ever wonder where IVAN gets all of his HIGH dollar parts kits....??

A quick scan of Gunbroker and BH_4000 forum posts nets the following results....

Would you guys please QUIT selling to this Turd...

- Hungarian AMMS kit.. Originally sold By will6970 for $795 ----------- Currently listed for $1299 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/205305-wts-hungarian-amms-all-matching-original-barrel.html#post1937833

Hungarian AKMS Kit Original Barrel Matching AKM AK : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

- Russian Type 2 Kit - Originally sold By TheBuzzard for $3500 ----------- Currently listed for $5499 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/190997-re-listing-ruaaian-type-2-parts-kit.html

Russian AK47 Type 2 Parts Kit T2 AK-47 Izhmash PLO : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

- Bulgarian PLO milled kit.. Originally sold By COMM BLOC for $750 ----------- Currently listed for $1799 starting bid...
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/35-want-sell-ak-parts-accessories/187065-wts-10-kits-ak-t3-vz-58-a.html

Bulgarian T3 Parts Kit AK47 AK Barrel PLO Milled : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the info. Its too bad that this hobby is ruined by the people who do this. We all look for good deals, and at times take advantage of a deal to earn some extra money to upgrade. On another forum recently there was a re-welded Russian type 3 mix-master rifle listed for $8,000. My first reactions was WTF, but then I realized if he is seeing kits for over $5,000 that must be part of it. He ended up going all the way down to $3,500 and then pulled it because it didn't sell. It only takes one person with deep pockets and a lack of knowledge to pay the full price and, Bam there's the new cap.

These sorts of things are killing this hobby.

#11 ·
Thanks for the info. Its too bad that this hobby is ruined by the people who do this. We all look for good deals, and at times take advantage of a deal to earn some extra money to upgrade. On another forum recently there was a re-welded Russian type 3 mix-master rifle listed for $8,000. My first reactions was WTF, but then I realized if he is seeing kits for over $5,000 that must be part of it. He ended up going all the way down to $3,500 and then pulled it because it didn't sell.

It only takes one person with deep pockets and a lack of knowledge to pay the full price and, Bam there's the new cap.

These sorts of things are killing this hobby.
Nailed It....

I have not sold a single thing on GB.... If I buy the parts on the forums and I decide I don't want them or change ideas, I resell them on the forums..
Why? Because I care about the hobby and don't feel like raping the very source of my hobby.....

#4 ·
Yup, this turd is no better than ETH/Sheepdog. There's things he got I would have loved to have at the time, but couldn't afford, then he resells them for twice the price. Fuck that, and him.

#5 ·
is this place still about the ak not the money? or did we loose that creed when the site got bought out?
didnt eth get banned for just buying and reselling?

#10 ·
Let's say you give someone a 'buddy price' on a nice gun...something they said they always wanted or had caught their eye but they missed the boat on or whatever. You sell it to them for like 100 bucks.........this person then turns around IMMEDIATELY and sells it for 300 bucks. Now...what would you think about that? Would you be inclined to do something like that for them again, knowing the result would be the same?

#12 ·
I almost sold a kit to him yesterday which I had intentionally underpriced, since I originally bought it on here underpriced. Had no idea I was dealing with the king of GB price gouging.

Anyways, in case anyone needs one of those new Radom barrels, he has one listed for $235. I haven't scrolled through his listings in a while, that was a good laugh.

#15 ·
Wow, I know there is nothing criminal about what he is doing, or "wrong" per se, but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth and just seems like he is taking advantage of this forum. I'm sure the people here are all smart enough to know they could put stuff up on Gunbroker at primo pricing, but instead they choose to sell it here to a much smaller potential buying audience.

I think the guy should be banned.

#40 ·
Well, no shortage of turds in this world. We all have our own standards, morals, and ethics. I'd say what this turd does is highly unethical. I tend to distance myself from these kind of folks. I also feel they are wasting valuable oxygen on this planet. But it's the same stuff you see on armslist and some state specific forums.......those asshole resellers. Those dipshit punks that go to Wal Mart with their pals and buy up the 22LR ammo at retail then go online the same day and list for double or even more. I've seen very fast (same day) turnover rates on a state specific forum with firearms before. Guy did it time and time again. Someone like that should have to pay for a license as a dealer or at the very least be a large financial contributor to the specific forum they choose to use as their profiteering platform. People like that just bring down humanity as a whole. We can only hope that karma will eventually nail these bastards. Then when they are destitute, living out of a cardboard box on the side walk....we can walk on by and say to ourselves that justice was served. No pity for the fools.

#30 · (Edited)
I have been saying this for over 6 months to MODS and people no one wanted to listen to me lol
Did anyone hear that? I thought I heard something.

Huh.. must be the wind. :p

Damn it I hate being colorblind

#19 ·
I'm not going to say I never sell anything for a profit. But
generally when I list stuff, I list it here first, sometimes cheaper than elsewhere. My hope is that someone in the hobby will buy it, enjoy it, do something cool with it. Overall I'm operating at a loss, I assure you that lol.

Mods can't step in here, so do not sell to the troll.

On a better note, I bought a 88 Izzy trigger from Ivan Drago that he thought was Tula, haha. Thanks chief.

#20 ·
Exactly, I don't mind helping a member with a low price who I know will enjoy something, but to flip it like he does is one of the biggest bitch moves I know of in this hobby. Like others said, he sets a new price cap on an item that will not go back down.

#21 ·
What a piece of dog shit. Pretty much all he does on here is buy rare parts and kits at a fair price to go and scalp them later. Next time I have some stuff for sale I will definitely be specifying no sales to bh_4000 or whatever else he goes by. He is probably one of those losers who does not have a real job and just stalks the trader forums all day. (That said, on my sick days and lunch hour I do the same ;) )

Reactions: rusty tweezers
#23 ·
I know a lot of you guys think we should ban him for this, but as I said, he has not broken any rules AFAIK on this forum. Now that the word is out, just stop selling to him.

If this member decides to join again under a different name, that is grounds for a permaban.

#26 ·
Thanks for explaining i have a better understanding of your opinion now and of those who share it. I never looked at it in that perspective:beer:
Also if you flipped some thing I sold you for a profit it would not bother me. I was always taught not to give more then your willing to walk away from.

#29 ·
That's cool. I'm glad this discussion remained civil, and I appreciate your input. :cool:

I don't think people would be sore if it happened every so often or if someone really needed to offload something. It's just if someone's here exclusively to take advantage of the membership for personal gain, that's what people take exception to. "It's about the Kalashnikov, not the money!" used to be the motto here. Heh. there was some dingleberry years ago who wanted a 'finders fee' for magazines... i think he got shown the window after awhile.. the window is faster than the door.

Reactions: boatma1 and Andyman
#28 ·
i have seen BH_4000 pattern on here for sometime i have cursed his name several times missing out on deals while i counted my pennies.
now I cant say he is a bad apple, great seller on gunbroker and sometimes he has fair deals. his high prices may be because he is not
sure he wants to really sell unless you pay the crazy price. I agree that this tactic is driving prices higher and suffocating our hobby.
the Rguns russian akm tula\izzy hand select kits are a prime example of how bad this can be for the hobby. Driving $600 kits up to $2000 in a few weeks.

#31 ·
As someone newer to the AK building world/community, resellers ruin everything. I realize that I've missed the times of cheap and plentiful parts kits, meaning most things I buy commands higher premiums. Resellers driving prices up only discourages others from joining the community

#33 ·
Hey guys, damn, lighten the hell up!! For crying you can buy 1800.00$ ar's for 650.00 now.:dance::bow::party::banana::thumbsup::peep:

Reactions: lopojo
#35 · (Edited)
I dont have a problem with capitalism but in the case of this forum I do. This forum has always operated a little different and more so in a close knit setting...family almost. I have passed on deals and sent needed parts to members just because they needed them. I have received free parts from members because I needed them and got many heads up info on something I was looking for.

What I suggest is putting in your sales ad a disclaimer about selling to who you want. While technically a "I'll take it" rules the day you can put in your ad who you don't want to sell too.

And no, sheepdog was not banned for buying and selling. It was other reasons that he was banned for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.