AK Rifles banner

Forum Upgrade Bug Reports

35K views 101 replies 32 participants last post by  Ram Rod 
#1 ·
Please post any bugs or concerns you have here.

#2 ·
NOTE: There was an initial reset to fix a duplicate post issue, however the "fix" had a side effect of deleting some of the most recent posts since the conversion (over the past hour or so).

ClayC had posted:
I think there is an issue with the PM system. Looks like Ive got sent messages in my inbox, and I've tried to send messages and it says Im over quota, and the person Im sending the message to is over quota. I wasn't over the quota on the old system, maybe at 75% or so. ***************
To which we upped the PM limit and are looking into any remaining issues with PMs..

Also, Cknarf had posted:
I'm seeing a lot of posts duplicated in some threads. ***************
Which has been fixed (unfortunately which also reset the above posts losing them).

#3 · (Edited)
Every thread I click on takes me directly to the Reply page. And it does not mater what I click on for each of the threads it all ends at Reply.
OK I did a little more poking around and it seems that for me it is the Want to Sell section any and all of it..
But most everything else is good to go!

#15 ·
If you go into your "Settings" then look for "General Settings" in the left side menu, click on that and close to the bottom of the page you'll find an option to switch your editor. There are 3 to choose from Basic, Standard and Enhanced. You may have better luck with one of the other editors. I've heard of issues in the past using MS Surface tablets with one of the editors (I forget which)..

#12 ·
I've only gone in the Ammo and Magazines sub forums, but in each sub forum there would be topics with multiple pages and no 'button' would get you to the next page. I tried the page number buttons (1, 2, 3, etc), the single carrot button ( >), as well as the 'last' button all to no avail. I know in a couple of threads that there are additional posts; it's just not allowing those extra pages to be accessed.

Thanks

#17 ·
#18 ·
I like the new look.

My enter button works in both the mobile version and desktop version.

One request... The old format had many more posts viewable on a given page versus this new format. Old three page threads are now double (or more) in page count. Its just more accomodating to keep scrolling down/up versus having to click back and forth multiple pages. If this is an easy fix please increase the number of viewable posts per page.

Thanks.

#22 ·
At least 3 of the most recent replies to my WTS thread are gone. http://www.theakforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162592 But the update I did on the first post to remove the items sold in those replies is still there.
Unfortunately last night we had a little hiccup while trying to fix the duplicate posts and a handful of brand new posts made while this work was being done were lost. Sorry.

We just bumped up the font size to make it a bit easier to read.

#29 · (Edited)
#35 ·
Two issues I spotted from a single thread:

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/29...2-3-parts-reunification-thread-hopefully.html

1) Cyrillic characters got screwed up.
2) My most recent post to the thread (from 2 weeks ago) has gone missing.

Here's another thread that I know is missing 2-3 posts from 3+ weeks ago:

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/29...eceiver-rear-end-variations-large-pics-3.html
The missing posts should be back now, and I've fixed those scrambled cyrillic characters..

#38 · (Edited)
On another forum USMCE4retired posted he couldn't login. Not sure if he uses the same username here. Not trying to break any rules, just help a member who can't get it. Link to the thread he posted http://www.**********/forums/showthread.php?t=75346

This is what he typed:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the ak forum?Since the site was updated I have had no success.I finally was able to attempt a login, then was informed that the system didn't support mobile devises. I am home uding the Wii, as always. Then found my way to the real login page. After clicking "login" the page will'not load and remains blank. Any idea as to what is happening?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.